Medical Tourism Coverage
Medical Complications /
SPECIALISED MEDICAL TRAVEL BENEFITS COVERAGE YOU CAN TRUST
While the risks of medical complications from our highly qualified providers are low, all surgical procedures carry certain risks and complications can and do occur. We are proud to partner with Custom Assurance Placements Ltd., who administer the Global Protective Solutions (GPS) program. GPS is the worldwide leader in providing risk mitigation solutions and protection benefits specifically for international medical travelers.
The Global Protective Solutions programs have been protecting international medical and dental travelers and their travel companions since 2008. International medical travel requires unique and specialised protection, which standard travel insurance policies usually exclude or do not address. Participation is available on a worldwide basis.
The primary area of benefits cover two broad areas:
1. BENEFITS RELATED TO YOUR PROCEDURE/TREATMENT
- Additional Medical/Surgical Treatment as a results of a Complication
- Additional Expenses for Travel, Meals & Accomodations as a result of a Complication
- Travel Companion Coordination – Additional Expenses Travel, Meals and Accommodations
- Accidental Death
- Emergency Transportation/Medical Repatriation
- 24 Hour – Emergency Medical Assistance Service and more…
2. BENEFITS RELATED TO TRAVEL
- Travel Cancellation in Exceptional Circumstances
- Travel Delay and Loss of Baggage
- Emergency Medical Coverage related to Travel Activities
- Accidental Death
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- And much more…
The above provides only a brief overview of benefits and services available to enrolled participants
- Medical complication benefits are in place for 6 months (180 days) after the elective procedure. A complication must occur and be diagnosed within this timeframe
- Additional medical or surgical treatment for a covered complication must occur within 270 days from the original surgery/treatment
- Medical complications can be treated in your home country or in the country where the procedure was originally performed
- Frequently Asked Questions
To obtain an indication of cost and quote for coverage, please complete and submit an online application using the following link:
All medical travel and procedures carry a certain amount of risk, known and unknown. Complications and accidents can and do occur. Your enrollment to a Global Protective Solutions program, helps lessen the significant financial risks and burden that may arise, from those sustained from elective treatment or travel related activities.
Other programs such as “fly back cover” or “surgical warranty / guarantee” provide limited protection only while you are in the visited country. They all require that you return at your expense to the foreign country to take advantage of any benefits in the event of a medical complication (you may not be medically fit to travel). It is important to realize that these plans will not provide any assistance for you at home or respond in an urgent or emergency situation.
Ease your mind in knowing that you can receive outstanding medical care at reasonable prices and enjoy the added protection of specialised coverage afforded by the Global Protective Solutions program.